Magister Events is in the business of providing operations, safety, and security services to events and other venues.
Magister Events shall be obliged to:
- Provide all requested services in accordance with best practices and industry standards.
- Maintain suitable Public Liability Insurance, Professional Indemnity Insurance, and Employers Liability Insurance.
- Ensure that only uniformed, trusted, competent, and high quality staff are sent to jobs.
- Ensure that any required job-specific training is provided to staff.
- Comply with all relevant legislation, including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Ensure, to the best of our ability, that all services are performed without disruption or interruption to the client.
- Keep all property that the client entrusts us with, such as keys, safe.
- Provide our clients with at least 90 days notice of any intention to increase charges, excluding our standard annual price increase.
The client shall be obliged to:
- Provide welfare facilities to staff (at a minimum this must include access to drinking water and bathroom facilities).
- Provide access and egress to the venue. This may include the provision of access cards and keys. A key receipt will be provided.
- Ensure their venue is compliant with health and safety legislation, including the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Provide any contracted staff with any information required to do their job.
- Unless otherwise agreed, all payment terms shall be 7 days from the date of invoice.
- We increase our price each year in line with increases to the living wage, interest rates, and other company expenses.
- Any work that takes place during the hours of December 24th, December 25th, December 31st, or January 1st may be charged at 3 times the contracted hourly rate (this is referred to as triple time).
- Any work that takes place during the hours of a Bank Holiday (with the exception of any dates charged at triple time) may be charged at 2 times the contracted hourly rate (this is referred to as double time).
- Additional hours requested by the client after the shift has already started may be charged an overtime rate at 1.5 times the contracted hourly rate (this is referred to as time and a half). This shall be in additional to any double time or triple time.
- Shifts that are cancelled for any reason outside of the client’s control (such as COVID or venue cancellations) are entitled to a full refund of the contracted hourly rate. No notice is required to be given in these circumstances.
- Shifts that are cancelled with a minimum of 2 weeks notice shall be granted a full refund.
- Shifts that are cancelled with less than 2 weeks notice may be subject to a 20% charge or a loss of deposit, whichever is smaller.
The client shall acknowledge that:
- While we shall do our best to limit, prevent, and reduce security risks, we are unable to guarantee the elimination of all security risks.
We may terminate the provision of services without notice if the client:
- Fails to provide any of their obligations under Client Obligations.
- Acts in an abusive or hostile manner toward us.
- Has an outstanding invoice which has not yet been paid.